Management: A practical introduction
8 substantive post- 150 words each
Kinicki, A., & Williams, B. K. (2016). Management: A practical introduction (7 ed.). New York, NY: McGraw Hill Education. Chapter 12 and 14
DeRobbio, M. (Producer), & Marshal, J. (Director). (2012). Management roles[Video]. Retrieved from
Duncan, B. (2013). Leadership perspectives: Synthesizing disparate perspectives to improve leadership effectiveness.Retrieved from
Instructions Develop a response, then post the response as a reply to this discussion starter. Limit your response to 150 to 300 words, demonstrate understanding of and cite the required readings or other credible sources that you apply, and look for opportunities to engage with and learn from others.
#1Scenario: Your Most Admired Leader
Identify someone you admire as a leader. This can be anyone now or in history who has served a leadership role. Considering the concepts discussed the course materials, answer the following questions:
- Why did you select this individual as a leader you admire?
- What are/were this leader’s sources of power?
- What influence tactics does/did the person use?
- Which traits does/did the leader exhibit?
- What behaviors does/did the person exhibit?
- Considering the course concepts, what type of leader do you aspire to be?
#2 Scenario 2: I wanted to take this opportunity to review and discuss some leadership styles. Leadership style is the manner and approach of providing direction, implementing pla