Learning a language can be challenging. What is your biggest challenge when it comes to learning English
Due Tuesday, February 5th
Minimum 60 lines (about 3 full pages – single space, continuous, with standard margins)
handwritten on standard size, white, college ruled binder/filler paper. Note: I’d suggest
trying to write more for Journals 3 and 4. Journal 5 will be a minimum of 90 lines.
corner of your paper.
journal # and due date
should be written in the upper
corner of the page.
Staple your journal pages together in the top left corner before coming to class. Journals,
and all homework, is due at the beginning of class.
Write on any (or all) of the following questions. Make sure to write on AT LEAST 2
1. Learning a language can be challenging. What is your biggest challenge when it comes to
learning English? Is it speaking, listening, writing, or reading? Is vocabulary a challenge?
What can you do (or do you do) to help overcome your challenges in learning English?
2. What are some (specific – SMART) goals you have for reading and writing this semester?
What steps are you take to reach those goals? Who will help you? Where can you get
3. Have you confronted any educational obstacles? How did you (or will you) overcome
4. What is your favorite leisure activity? Why is it your favorite?
5. What is your “dream” job? Why do you think this is the best job for you?
6. Based on your own personal qualities and characteristics, do you think you would be a
successful businessperson? Why or why not?
7. In which city do you currently live? What do you like and dislike about it? If you could
live anywhere in the world, where would you live and why?