Explain the difference between a heart attack and cardiac arrest
- Explain the difference between a heart attack and cardiac arrest.
- Heart Attack
- Cardiac Arrest
- List and discuss the five links that must occur when caring for cardiac arrest.
3. What are these links called ______________________?
4. ________,___________, and__________________ are needed
when a victim’s heart stop beating.
5. Discuss the following: List important facts
1. Check for Responsiveness and Breathing
2. Give Chest Compressions
- Give Rescue Breaths
6. List and explain 3 other methods of rescue breathing
Continue CPR until ______________________________________.
7. List FYI fact about risk factors of cardiovascular disease:
- Risk factors can not be changed
- Risk factors can be changed
8. Q & A – For CPR purposes what defines an
9. Q & A-What are the types of upper airway obstructions?(Explain each)
10 List 10 reasons for Airway Obstruction (Skip this question if you included this answer in question #9).
11. In Figure 5-4 the lady is demonstrating _______________________.
12. When a mild airway obstruction occurs the victim should be
13. List 4 signs of severe airway obstruction.
14. List the steps when caring for obstruction airway:
- Obese adult
- Pregnant woman
Continue abdominal thrust until _______________________________
15. Log into www.ECSInstitute.org/Advanced to complete the following
Interactive Skill Drills: Place your answers from the Interactive Skill
Drills on this document
- 5-1 Adult CPR
- 5-2 Child CPR
- 5-3 Infant CPR
- 5-4 Airway Obstruction in a Responsive Adult or Child
16. Explain the mnemonic RAP-CAB
17. Complete the following:
|Prep Kit: Assessment in Action|
|Prep Kit: Check Your Knowledge|