Book Report (Lost Mountain) by Eric
1) identify the major thesis or premise of the book;
2) how does this book relate to course readings (give specific examples);
3) describe the evidence the author presents to support the thesis/premise, including the events/issues
examined, their extent, impacts and potential solutions;
4) critically critique the argument the author made in the book.
a. Is it convincing?
b. is this a topic with which criminologists should be concerned? Why or why not?
c. would you recommend this book to (i) friends, (ii) relatives, or (iii) other criminology
students? Why or why not.
5) Now that you have done the above, look up the author on the internet and read their biography in the
book. Write a brief biography of the author. Does knowing more about the author influence your