Question 1 asks you to phrase the ISSUE as a question or controversy that the chapter addresses or explores. This is not where you summarize the whole piece, but rather….
How is violence interlinked with democracy and neoliberalism in Latin America
GLOBALISATION AND DEMOCRACY – POPP 3405
3000 WORD ESSAY ASSESSMENT CRITERIA (40% of final mark)
A guide to writing essays
Question:) How is violence interlinked with democracy and neoliberalism in Latin America
- A clear and coherent structure, including a clear standpoint of the student with regard how he/she will answer the essay question
- Depth of understanding of theoretical concepts and their application and interpretation in the discussion developed in the essay (i.e. you are encouraged to write about one or two examples)
- Engagement with the academic literature as a way to prove evidence on the argument that the student is aiming to develop
- Degree of creativity and insight in the approach answering the essay question
- Written expression of ideas that ensure clarity of points throughout sentences and paragraphs
- Consultation of a resource base that includes academic literature and practitioner reports
References and bibliography
Always include a full bibliography of all texts and articles used. Include citations and where appropriate direct references to material/authors in the main body of the essay.
NB Make sure that you always reference any arguments, ideas or examples derived from other sources, whether these have been directly quoted or paraphrased in your own wordsVGM