Review feedback from your instructor (in Grades) on your final draft of Writing Project 1 and/or the half draft of this project, from your peers (in M05 Peer Response–Writing Project….
Need by February 23
Pick ONE of the following movies:
- Psychopath in the Family
- Child of Rage
- Secrets of the Wild Child
- The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
- The Breakfast Club
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower
- Kinky Boots
- The Secretary
- Shipping News
- Real Women have Curves
- The Joy Luck Club
NOTES TAKEN FROM CLASS:
- Describe the film primary setting. Where is it taking place? Who are the main characters? Age range (use the developmental stages if you do not know the ages). The character’s relationship to one another. Focus on the main theme and characters. Activities? Interactions?
- Describe and summarize one character. What are some developmental issues?
- Compare and contrast developmental issues to individuals older and younger (comparing and contrasting developmental stages). Can be based on the character or a general compare and contrast.
- Are there any disabilities, mental illnesses, situational/environmental factors, developmental crisis (divorce, breakup, etc.), or trauma? How might any of these impact someone’s later development? Consequences?
- Summary of appropriate professional referrals? Example: mental health counseling, support groups, senior center, etc. Explain why. THREE professional referrals need to mentioned and explained.
1. A description of the film assigned and the settings that were in the film, number of
individuals observed in the film, their ages, activities and interactions with each other.
2. Summary of “normal” physical, cognitive, and socioemotional issues encountered by
individuals of these ages. C.II.G.3. a,b,e,f,g,h AL-ASBE-06.2184.108.40.206.2.A.1
3. A detailed description of your observations of the physical, cognitive, and socioemotional
behaviors of your subjects, as well as a comparison/contrast of the developmental behavior of
older and younger populations. C.II.G.3 e. f. g. h.
4. A careful description of any “abnormal” behaviors in your subjects, if any, and a description
of appropriate professional referrals. C.II.G.3 a,b,e,f,g,h AL-ASBE-06.2220.127.116.11.2.A.1
5. Include the following and information related to: a) developmental crises, disability,
psychopathology, situational/environmental factors related to abnormal behavior; b) theories
and etiology of addictions and addictive behaviors, including strategies for prevention,
intervention and treatment, and c) theories for facilitating optimal development and wellness
over the lifespan. C.II.G.3. a,b,e,f,g,h
6. A specific referral list, to include individual, cultural, group, couple, and community
resources, located in your designated area. Please include resources needed due to the effects
of a crisis, disaster and other trauma causing events. C.II.G.3.C.D..