Review feedback from your instructor (in Grades) on your final draft of Writing Project 1 and/or the half draft of this project, from your peers (in M05 Peer Response–Writing Project….
Evaluate the correlational result and identify the strength of the correlation.
A researcher has investigated the relationship between IQ and grade point average (GPA) and found the correlation to be .75.
For this essay, critique the results and interpretation of a correlational study.
- Evaluate the correlational result and identify the strength of the correlation.
- Examine the assumptions and limitations of the possible connection between the researcher’s chosen variables.
- Identify and describe other statistical tests that could be used to study this relationship.
Your essay response must address the following questions:
- How strong is this correlation?
- Is this a positive or negative correlation?
- What does this correlation mean?
- Does this correlation imply that individuals with high Intelligence Quotients (IQ) have high Grade Point Averages (GPA)?
- Does this correlation provide evidence that high IQ causes GPA to go higher?
- What other variables might be influencing this relationship?
- What is the connection between correlation and causation?
- What are some of the factors that affect the size of this correlation?
- Is correlation a good test for predicting GPA?
- If not, what statistical tests should a researcher use, and why?