You are to write a two page paper (full two-pages) double-spaced as answering the following prompt. Choose one of the four main characters in Salvage the Bones (Esche, Randall, Skeetah,….
Describe the variation of cell structures among organisms and contrast them with non-living particles such as viruses; explain how cell anatomy and function impacts the organism as a whole
- Explain the scientific method and how it’s used to reveal an accurate understanding of living things; distinguish information resulting from scientific inquiry from that based on anecdotes and deceptive, non-scientific studies.
- Describe the chemistry of living things and relate biochemicals and their reactions to energy transformations between organisms and their environments; explain the conversion of light energy to chemical energy resulting in the connection between producers and consumers.
- Describe the variation of cell structures among organisms and contrast them with non-living particles such as viruses; explain how cell anatomy and function impacts the organism as a whole.
- Explain the various ways that cells reproduce and how they relate to DNA replication and inheritance; relate molecular, chromosomal, and cellular activities to genetic variation and evolutionary change.
- Explain the process of gene expression and regulation and how gene products result in the characteristics of organisms; describe how these genetic processes contribute to adaptive change from generation to generation.
- Understand commonly used biotechnologies, recognize their practical applications and ability to reveal evolutionary relationships and change; recognize the responsibility associated with the correct use and interpretation of these technologies.