Integrated Distributors Incorporated
You are provided with the text sheet entitled Integrated Distributors Incorporated (access_project_ts_integrateddistributors.docx) to complete this project. You play the dual role of an IT architect and IT security specialist working for Integrated Distributors Incorporated (IDI), a multi-national organization with offices in several countries. Your instructor for this course plays the role of the chief information officer (CIO). Your peers play the role of selected technology staff. Each of the organization’s locations is operating with different information technologies and infrastructure—IT systems, applications, and databases. Various levels of IT security and access management have been implemented and embedded within their respective locations.
Your goals as the IT architect and IT security specialist are to:
- Develop solutions to the issues that the specified location of IDI is facing.
- Develop plans to implement corporate-wide information access methods to ensure confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
- Assess risks and vulnerabilities with operating IT facilities in the disparate locations where IDI now functions and develop mitigation plans and implementation methods.
- Analyze the strengths and weaknesses in the current systems of IDI.
- Address remote user and Web site user’s secure access requirements.
- Develop a proposed budget for the project—consider hardware, software, upgrades/replacements, and consulting services.
- Prepare detailed network and configuration diagrams outlining the proposed change to be able to present it to the management.
- Develop and submit a comprehensive report addressing the learning objectives and your solutions to the issues within the scenario.
- Prepare a 10- to 15-slide PowerPoint presentation that addresses important access control, infrastructure, and management aspects from each location.