foreign language requirements
Based on the articles about foreign language requirements
- Read each article carefully.
- Identify the thesis of each one and the main points used to prove that claim. (5 points)
- Put brackets around the thesis [ ].
- Underline the main points.
- Analyze and evaluate the specific information given to support those main ideas using the key terms: relevant, sufficient, representative. Refer to the handout “Assessing Evidence” on Canvas (under Modules/Literature Review)
- Write up your findings in a few paragraphs to be turned in with the marked reading. (15 points)
- Be prepared for a quick quiz and class discussion. (5 points}
The assignment is worth 25 points (a significant part of the “other” category that makes up 5% of your grade.)
This type of evaluation will be required in the final draft of your paper.