Global Business Opportunities Analysis:
Submit a Word document of your final project and prepare a 5-10 minute narrated presentation discussing your final project.
Criteria: 10-15 slide PowerPoint Presentation
MANAGERIAL ECONOMICS: FINAL PROJECT GENERAL GUIDELINES
Please select a foreign country and research a business opportunity for an American product or service you might introduce into that country. In your paper you should analyze and synthesize how the following variables may impact the success of this business venture/opportunity.
1. The political, economic and legal systems of the country in which you are researching
2. The culture, ethics, norms (rules of the game), and values
3. The trade policies that may be important to your selected product and/or service
4. The FDI (foreign direct investment) policy of the host country
5. Any participation in regional or global economic integration (trade treaties, barriers to trade)
6. Business strategies and target market planning
7. Possible competition
8. Demand Analysis
You should also consider the following questions:
1. What strategy and/or tactics will you utilize and why?
2. How will you enter the foreign market and why?
3. How will you produce your product/service and why?
4. Where will you produce your product/service and why?
5. How will you distribute your product/service and why?
6. If you conduct research and development, how will you do it?
7. How will you manage exchange-rate risk?
8. What overall marketing strategy will you use?
9. What risks will you encounter?
Things you should do:
1. Write an original work that includes your critical thinking
2. Argue both pros and cons of your business opportunity
3. Reason with supporting evidence (reference)
4. Be quantitative, use graphs, figures and tables to help explain.
5. Use APA formatting
6. Proofread, proofread, proofread
Things you shouldn’t do:
2. Accumulate and write redundant, irrelevant information
3. Brainstorm ideas without appropriate supporting evidence
4. Make obvious grammatical, wording and sentence mistakes that detract from the quality and credibility of your work
A. Brief description of your company and your product or service
B. Why you choose the specific country or region? It could be:
- Natural resources, agricultural products, or geographic factors (climate or terrain)
- Level of economic development and infrastructure
- Cultural characteristics, social activities, or demographic trends
- Changing political situations or legal factors
- Technology that may enhance production or distribution of an item
II. Global Business Opportunities Analysis:
2.1 The company:
Research the international operations of a company doing business in several countries. Obtain information related to: