Ideas that Shape Public Policy: Taxation
For this Discussion Board Forum, interact in a free-flowing discussion of the biblical and constitutional parameters for the particular policy focus being discussed this module/week. In other words, you must discuss the “May” portion of the “May-Can-Should” approach to policy analysis and implementation. Engage the ideas of your classmates and the required readings and presentations in a meaningful and thoughtful manner.
Remember to provide thoughts on what government should or should not do from a biblical and constitutional perspective. Also discuss what other groups, individuals, and organizations (possibly including state and local government) should be doing within society to address the policy issues discussed in this module/week.
- Textbook Readings
- Presentation: Ideas that Shape Public Policy: Taxation
- Presentation: Ideas that Shape Public Policy: Balanced Budget
- Presentation: The Free Market in Context
- Article: Finding Legislation for your Policy Briefs
- Website: Moral Criticisms of the Market