Alienation, identity crisis and violence as expressions of Late Modernity in Michelangelo Antonioni’s The Passenger.
WINTER TERM ESSAY TITLES
- Alienation, identity crisis and violence as expressions of Late Modernity in Michelangelo Antonioni’s The Passenger.
- The Leopard: the different representation of historical and existential time in Lampedusa’s novel and in Visconti’s filmic adaptation.
- Is The Siren the answer to the nihilism of The Leopard? Discuss Lampedusa s’ historical pessimism and philosophy of myth.
- Autobiographical and psychoanalytical elements in Federico Fellini’s Eight and A Half.
- Conformism as existential and historical tragedy in The Conformist by Bernardo Bertolucci.
- Socio-cultural degradation and Utopia in Gianni Amelio’s Ladro di bambini (Stolen Children).
Length: 1,500 – 2,500 words
Works Cited: No anonymous online reference
N. B. : It is VERY important to follow a generally recognized set of rules for essay writing in the Humanities, such as those contained in MLA Style Crib Sheet on line, paying attention to such things as “Page formats” and “Works Cited”, as well as to details such as page numbers, indents, margins (no right justification) and double spacing.
For detailed instructions follow the link: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/747/01/