Unit 10 discussions 1 and 2
Based upon your reading of all sources, respond to the following:
- Is there value in keeping some diagnostic system? Why or why
- If you believe that there is value in keeping some diagnostic
system, what would it consist of?
- Would it look like the DSM-5 or something different?
- If different, what would the features be?
- If you believe that there is value in keeping some diagnostic system, what would it consist of?
The journal articles assigned for this unit can serve as one set of ideas, but feel free to use other sources.
Review the posts of other learners and respond to at least two of them. Explain whether you agree or disagree with the substance of their post. Support your position.
- Attributes and Evaluation of Discussion Contributions.
Based upon your experiences and learning throughout this course, respond to the following:
- How has your personal opinion about diagnosis changed since the
beginning of this course?
- What position do you see diagnosis occupying in the larger social or political context?
- What measures might you take to strike a balance between engaging the DSM fully enough to use it well and with precision, yet maintaining an intelligently critical stance toward it?
Review the posts of other learners and respond to at least two of them.