Part 1) For this discussion, you will look at protected classes identified by the EEOC. Protected classes are groups of people with common characteristics that are legally protected from employment discrimination.
In your initial post,
1. Describe three protected classes and the laws that exist to protect them.
2. Explain how the EEOC investigates complaints of discrimination against a protected individual.
3. Discuss how employers can prevent and respond to allegations of employment discrimination.
Min of 300 words and cite at least one scholarly source to support your response
Part 2) Prior to beginning work on this discussion, read the reports Future Insights: Top Trends Affecting the Workplace and the HR Profession According to SHRM Special Expertise Panels (Links to an external site.) and the articles The 2018 Human Resources Trends to Keep on Your Radar (Links to an external site.) and Protected Classes in Employment Discrimination (Links to an external site.). Emerging trends have defined and affected the future of HRM in terms of competencies, demographics, and practices. Some of the emerging trends in HRM include globalization, generational diversity, skills gap, sustainability, technology, social media, big data, and legislation.
Select one of the emerging trends(links) above and answer the effect below on how your trend effects each of the bulletins:
- managers and HR professionals (functions and practices),
- talent acquisition (recruiting, developing, and retaining employees), and
- performance management (training and development).
Min of 300 words. Cite at least one scholarly source to support your response
Part 3)For this discussion, find a current event (e.g., story from a television show, news report, or social media, etc.) related to one of the topics below.
· Mental health disorder (e.g., Autism, ADD/ADHD, Depression, Bipolar, Anxiety, PTSD, Schizophrenia, etc.).
· Substance use disorder (e.g., alcohol, prescription medications, street drugs, etc.).
After finding a current event answer the five questions below,
- Share the link to the current event at the top of your post (Note: it MUST be a link your classmates can open and view).
- Summarize the current event; include the wording used by the author to describe the mental or substance use disorder.
- Discuss the back story of the person(s) involved in the event (e.g., medical history, life-altering event, trauma, etc.) as described by the source.
- Discuss any social, physical, and/or psychological behaviors that are normally associated with the disorder described; include any unique life stressors (e.g., relationships, employment, housing, life event, etc.) that may have contributed to the event.
- Prepare an APA-formatted reference at the end of your initial discussion post for the source.