Case Study: Iggy’s Bread of the World Please answer the questions related to the case.Meet the requirements:font 12, space 1,5 (you can do double and I will make it 1,5….
Minimum Wage and The Distribution Of Income
2015-2016 Assignment Topic: Minimum Wage and The Distribution Of Income
Read the articles.
Each Question is part of the Outline of a Research paper.
Essentially the student will present both sides of the argument; the economic pro and cons of raising the minimum wage.
Using the articles as referenced the student should choose a position and economically defend his(her) choice,
Have a well defined Abstract/thesis paragraph(s)
USE MLA format for Citations. This research paper is a “semester project” it is valued at 100 points. Check tentative Date Schedule for the Due date.
- Describe in general the issue that is being debated:
- Read two or more perspectives on this argument from both sides (support minimum wage increase, oppose minimum wage increase) and describe the authors perspectives on raising the minimum wage to reduce poverty and inequality.
- Analyze the evidence that each author uses to support his/her thesis: What types of evidence are used? Does the evidence support his or her thesis?
- Evaluate the qualification of the authors: What bias might the authors have?
- Discuss your opinion on this topic: Do you agree or disagree with the authors?
What’s Best AT Reducing Poverty? An Examination of the Effectiveness of the 2007 Minimum Wage Increase. http://www.epionline.org/study/r124/
Can Raising the Minimum Wage Reduce Poverty and Hardship? https://www.epionline.org/studies/can-raising-the-minimum-wage-reduce-poverty-and-hardship/
The Impact of a $9.80 Federal Minimum Wage. https://www.epionline.org/studies/the-impact-of-a-9-80-federal-minimum-wage/
Is There Consensus in Favor of Wage Mandates? https://www.epionline.org/studies/r142/
2 Parties Place Political Focus on Inequality, by Jeremy W. Peters, The New York Times. http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/09/us/politics/republicans-move-to-reclaim-poverty-fighting-mantle.html?hpw&rref=politics&_r=0
From the Center for America Progress: