Being able to present and broadcast your opinions in a clear manner is important in today’s technological society. In this assignment, you will record your responses to the prompts below using a smartphone or other recording device.
- Upload your video to YouTube. You may mark the video as private as long as you invite your professor to view the video.
- Submit a written script of your video to the dropbox. If you make the video public, you can include the web address (URL) in the script.
- In the 1997 case of University and Community College System of Nevada v Farmer, Farmer was initially awarded $40K in damages for violation of the Equal Pay Act. The university won an appeal in front of the State of Nevada’s Supreme Court. The U.S. Supreme Court declined to hear the case, leaving the lower court’s verdict in place. Defend or critique the finding of the Nevada Supreme Court using a deontological or teleological approach.
- The WatchMark-Comnitel Corporation has undergone significant changes since their case of outsourcing. They were renamed Vallent Corporation, and later were acquired by IBM. This shows the competitive nature of the software industry. Based on this knowledge, examine the outsourcing actions taken by Watchmark-Comnitel from the deontological and teleological perspectives.
- Present an argument that it is easier for employers to comply with diversity legislation in Canada than it is in the United States.
- Select a source of media as outlined in Exercises in Media Diversity. Comment on the questions listed in the textbook for the media option you selected.
- 10 -12 minutes, (about 1500 to 1800 words; answers must thoroughly address the prompts in a clear, concise manner
- Include a title page and reference page in APA style for your script
- Reference any outside content. Include the appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions
- save your assignment as a Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Open Office (.odt) or rich text format (.rtf) file type
- File name:
- name your saved file according to your last name, first initial and the week (for example, “jonesb.week1”)
- submit your assignment to the Drop Box