Due a week after the first class at 11:59 pm
Read the assigned articles in D2L. Answer the questions below. The answers must demonstrate that you have substantively engaged with the material and you haven’t simply goggled the question and copy/pasted the answer.
- Do you have a family member or friend who has been exploited using social engineering? What made them vulnerable and why?
- Scenario: Laura receives a phone call from her mom. Microsoft has called her regarding her account and claim that her computer is infected with a virus. They will fix it for her for a small service fee and improve her computer’s performance. The individual offered a name and return phone number so Laura’s mom can call back. How should Laura help her mom determine whether this is a legitimate call?
- Where have you seen social engineering in movies, television, or books? What was realistic about it and why? What was unrealistic?
- Name some of the vulnerabilities that social engineering attacks exploit. Which one do you think represents the greatest vulnerability in the general population?
- Where are good places to find information to personalize social engineering attacks?
- What do you conceive of a post-phishing social engineering attacks in future?