2- Define the distinctions between primary, secondary, and tertiary sources in a secondary search Primary source as stated is original data. Primary source is based in facts from the time….
The bitter melon (also known as bitter gourd) looks like a cucumber but with ugly gourd-like bumps all over it. As the name implies, this vegetable is a melon that is bitter. There are two varieties of this vegetable: One grows to about 20 cm long, is oblong and pale green in color. The other is the smaller variety, less than 10 cm long, oval and has a darker green color. Both varieties have seeds that are white when unripe and that turn red when they are ripe.
The vegetable-fruit turn reddish-orange when ripe and becomes even more bitter. Bitter gourd thrives in hot and humid climates, so are commonly found in Asian countries and South America. Westerners may not be so used to bitter melons, so may find them more difficult to consume. But if you can generally take bitter taste, you may be able to take this too. Try it, at least for all its healthful virtues!
A. Background of the stud y
Bitter melon is one of the best vegetable-fruit that helps improve diabetic and toxemia conditions.
The reason why the researcher choose this, because it has a big part in everyday life. The beneficiary can easily find the bitter gourd in Markets or in their backyard. B. Statement of the problem
The following questions were formulated by the researcher to answer.
1. What would be the benefits of the bitter gourd?
2. What is the scientific name of bitter gourd?
3. What are the disadvantages of bitter gourd?
1. The bitter gourd can help the beneficiary to lessen their illness in their bodies, specially the diabetic person. And also for those beneficiary who has a low blood, bitter gourd helps to make the circulation fine and good. 2. Momordica Chorantia.
3. If the beneficiary will take more than one melon a day, it may cause mild abdominal pain or diarrhea. For those, who are pregnant women should avoid taking too much bitter gourd or the juice as t may stimulate the uterus that may lead to preterm labor.
D. Significance of study
Bitter melon is known scientifically as Momordica charantia, but more common names include bitter gourd, bitter cucumber and balsam pear. Though it can be found all over the world, bitter melon is used primarily in South America, East Africa, Asia and India. In these regions it has been used for centuries as medicine as well as food. Research validates the many medicinal uses of bitter melon.