Write 1800-2000 words critical essay to assess and evaluate an aspect of globalization or a global issue. The essay needs to engage both argument and counter-argument for the global issue….
Was the speaker able to remain audience-centered throughout? Explain.
Find a speech, at least 10 minutes, where the speaker fails to implement effective techniques and skills of oral communication. More specifically, respond to the following:
• Was the speaker able to remain audience-centered throughout? Explain.
• Did the speaker fail to offer ethical information? How so?
• Describe the introduction and conclusion of the speech. What did the speaker do well? What did they do poorly? Refer specifically to the functions needed for strong introductions/conclusions by Griffin.
• Was the speaker successful in implementing strong connectives? How so?
• Did you feel like their use of sources, research, or data was useful in supporting their main points?
• How will you us what you learned from evaluating this speaker to prepare for Speech 2?
Your paper MUST:
• Be written in 2-3 pages
• Include at least three references to the text, citing at least two different chapters
• Be written in MLA format (double-spaced, TNR, appropriately formatted header, etc.)
• Include a Works Cited page
o At minimum, it should include the textbook and video citation
o You are encouraged (not required) to research additional sources
Grading and Tips
Your goal is to interact with the text in a reflective way and demonstrate your understanding of the techniques and skills needed for effective speech delivery. This assignment is worth 5% (5 points) of your final grade and will be evaluated as follows:
Criteria No Credit Partial Credit Full Credit
Comprehension Failed to demonstrate comprehension 1.5
Student demonstrated some understanding of: 1) specific speech topics related to Ch. 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 12; 2) techniques and skills needed for effective speech delivery; 3) speech purposes, context, and audience-awareness 2.5
Student demonstrated an understanding of: 1) specific speech topics related to 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 12; 2) techniques and skills needed for effective speech delivery; 3) speech purposes, context, and audience-awareness
Completion Failed to complete assignment 1.5
Student completed most of the required elements of the assignments, but failed to do one or more of the following:
1) Effectively use MLA and/or Meet the appropriate page requirement; 2) Adequately respond to the prompt; 3) Use at least three references from at least two different chapters 2.5
Student completed all of the following:
1) Used correct MLA format with a works cited page; 2) Met the page requirement of 2-3 pages; 3) thoroughly responded to prompt/answered all questions; 4) Used at least three references from at least two different chapters.