Expected length: Five-minute presentation (Figure about 8 slides total, depending upon how much explanation will accompany each slide.) Each slide must include notes on what presenters would discuss when displaying….
APPLIED THEORETICAL FOUNDATIONS, SCIENTIFIC INQUIRY, AND DECISION-MAKING
Think about your practicum project and the issue you identified in Module 3. What issue or problem did you identify? (Note: You may have also selected a prominent nursing practice issue that is of interest to you.) Analyze scholarly literature related to the issue/problem of and strategies for resolution. Review different nursing theories that could support a resolution to the practice issue or problem you have identified.
- In a four to six-page written paper, address the following.
- Discuss how nursing theory can be applied to solve the practice issue/problem.
- A minimum of four scholarly nursing literature references must be used.
- Describe the selected issue or problem, and address the following.
- What is the specific issue or problem?
- Why should the nursing profession care about this issue or problem?
- What does the nursing literature say about this issue or problem, including its frequency of occurrence?
- Who are the stakeholders affected by the issue or problem?
- Identify a nursing theory that provides a framework to support the selected practice issue or problem. Provide an overview of the nursing theory. Use scholarly nursing literature.
- Use the selected nursing theory to develop a strategy to resolve the selected practice issue or problem. Use scholarly literature.
- Abide by the Chamberlain College of Nursing Academic Integrity Policy.
- Sources older than five years may not be used without the permission of the class professor.
- Title page, pagination, subheadings, body of paper, citation of sources, and reference page must follow APA guidelines as found in the current edition of the manual.
- Rules of grammar, spelling, word usage, punctuation, and sentence and paragraph structure are followed and consistent with formal, scholarly writing as noted in the APA Manual (current edition).
- Please note: If you do not receive a proficient rating in any major content category, you can re-submit your assignment with revisions in those content categories to receive a better grade. You have one additional opportunity to revise after the initial submission in order to make improvements. The initial submission must be a complete paper; rough drafts will not be graded. All revisions must be submitted no later than Sunday of Module 7 at 11:59 p.m. (You cannot revise your APA for a higher grade in that category.)
|Introduction||20||10%||Introduction includes general statements on how nursing theory can be applied to solve practice issues or problems. Identify sections of the paper. Provide support from scholarly literature.|
|Description of Issue or Problem||50||25%||Describe the selected issue or problem, and address the following. What is the specific issue or problem? Why should the nursing profession care about this issue or problem? What does the nursing literature say about this issue or problem, including its frequency of occurrence? Who are the stakeholders affected by the issue or problem?Provide support from scholarly literature.|
|Nursing Theory||40||20%||Identify a nursing theory that provides a framework to support the selected practice issue or problemProvide an overview of the nursing theoryUse scholarly nursing literature|
|Application of Theory||55||27%||Use the selected nursing theory to develop a strategy to resolve the selected practice issue or problem. Restate the selected nursing theory to be usedIdentify one strategy useful in resolving the identified issue or problemThe strategy should be presented in depth with the following information being required.A specific description of how the selected nursing theory can help to resolve the issue or problemA specific and detailed description of the strategy to be usedA specific and detailed description of how the strategy can be implementedA specific and detailed description of one suggestion for future research into either the selected nursing theory or selected issue or problemUse scholarly literature|
|Conclusion||20||10%||Provide a conclusion. Provide a summary of the selected issue or problem, selected nursing theory, and application of the theory to resolve the issue or problem|
|Graduate-Level Writing Style||15||8%||Correct use of spelling, grammar, punctuation, sentence and paragraph structureClarity, organization, and logical flow of ideas within writingScholarly, professional writing tone with no use of first personSynthesis of information is present with no more than one short direct quote (15 words or less) Correct APA format for the following:Page numberingFont style and sizeMargins and spacingHeadings; subheadingsCitation and referencing sourcesMechanics of style (abbreviations, capitalization, italics, numbers)|
|Quality of Literature Support||It is an expectation that a minimum of 4 scholarly sources, current within 5 years, are integrated within the assignment. If the above expectation is not met, 5 points shall be deducted.|
|Assignment Length Criteria||It is an expectation that the paper is a minimum of 4 pages in length, and a maximum of 6 pages (not including the title or reference pages). If the above expectation is not met, 5 points shall be deducted.|
|Total||200||100%||A quality assignment will meet or exceed the above requirements.|