Homework 5 Name: Instructions Please work independently Please note that all homework assignments must be submitted using the “Assignments” tool in Blackboard (NO EXCEPTION) Please keep a backup copy of….
CJJ4010 – Juvenile Justice Administration
Discussion items chapter 6
Please create a single Word file to be submitted through Turnitin. DO NOT INCLUDE THE QUESTIONS
only provide your answers to each numbered item.
- When it is all said and done, what is the best prevention “tool” available? Can the system take
advantage of this, can the system use it?
- Why does age of first offense matter?
- How do you identify high risk kids? What variables would you use, and why? Which variables
would you not use, even if they are strong predictors? Why not?
- How is head Start or similar program useful?
- Why do pretty much all prevention programs work? Is that useful? Should we have programs if
they all work, and the measurement and evaluations can’t really evaluate them very well?
- Discuss pros and cons of teen courts.