After watching/reading the play “A Raisin in the Sun” Have you ever known someone like the mother in the play? How does the personal experience of your life affect the way in which you….
Mobile and Cloud Computing
Assignment week 5 (Subject: Mobile and Cloud Computing)
Over the next 10 weeks you will use what you learn throughout the course to write a project plan for your company.
The assignment is broken into two parts. The first part is due week 5 by Nov 7 Saturday midnight. The second portion of the paper is due week 10 by Dec 12 Saturday midnight.
- Your paper must be written in APA format
- You are NOT required to write an abstract
- You must include a title page and reference page which do NOT count towards the final page count
- You must cite at least 10 sources
- You cannot use Wikipedia, techopedia, or any other site that can be edited by the general public
- Acceptable sources
- Your textbook
- Any academic journal or peer reviewed paper
- Any commercial or government site (AWS, Google, Microsoft, Verizon, etc.)
- The minimum page count for part 1 is 5 pages. Remember, this does not include the title page or reference page.
- The minimum page count for part 2 is 5 pages. The total document should be at least 10 pages.
Assignment Part 1
Total points possible = 20
Your paper should have the following information:
Title Page (1 point possible)
Company Information (4 points possible)
- The name of the company (can be real of made up). The company should remain the same for part 1 and 2.
- The size of the company
- A brief description of the work the company does
- The current network architecture and location(s) of the company
Business Driver (3 points possible)
- Why are you proposing the business adopt cloud computing?
- What deployment model are you proposing and why? (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, etc.). Note – you can have multiple models based on your business type.
- What is the main benefit of this business model?
Provider, Capacity, and Cost (11 points possible)
- What cloud provider do you propose using (example: AWS, Google, Microsoft Azure, etc.)
- Identify why you selected this company.
- What is the estimated size and resource requirements needed?
- Identify how you determined this.
- What is the cost?
- Break down the costs (i.e. software, resources, accounts, etc.)
- Will the cloud be public, private, community, or hybrid?
- Describe what this means and why you selected this model.
- What is the future state of the IT infrastructure?
- Do you plan on growing the business?
- Will you need more space? Why?
Reference page (1 point possible)