Decolonizing approaches in archaeology emerged as a means to counter the dominance of colonial ideologies and improve the accuracy of Indigenous representations. Historically, the routines of mainstream archaeological practice have….
Career Planning And Management
Primary Task Response:
Step 1: Find a Resource
The Career Services Resource Center allows you to connect with valuable job search resources that focus on resume and cover letter development, professional networking, interviewing skills, and more.
Explore the CTU Career Services Resource Center by clicking on this link: CTU Career Services Info. Find 1 resource that will be helpful for you. You can explore resources outside of the CTU Career Services Resource Center as well.
Step 2: Write Your Career Reflection
- Paragraph 1: Identify at least 1 resource that you will use in your career planning and management, and discuss the following:
- Provide a summary about the resource. What is the resource, and what interested you about this resource?
- How is this resource helpful? What did you learn from the resource?
- When will you use this resource (when developing your career plan, during your job search, throughout your career, etc.)?
- Paragraph 2: You are likely in school because you want to build your future career success, and you are making that happen right now. Discuss your plans to ensure your career success. Specifically, discuss the following:
- Education is one valuable part of the career success equation, but what other things do you need to find career success?
- Look back at your Unit 1 Discussion Board and your response to where you are in your career and where you want to be. What steps will you take in the next month to continue to ensure your career success? Using the information you learned when you analyzed your skills and the information about setting SMART goals (Specific, Measurable, Action-Oriented, Realistic, and Timely), set 1 career goal that you can begin in the next month.
- Paragraph 3: This course is designed to provide the knowledge and application of effective career management strategies for career development and transition, including the ability to identify and communicate who you are as a brand. Discuss the following:
- In what ways has this course influenced your thinking about your career plan?
- What is the most important thing you learned or discovered during this course?
Once you have written your career reflection, post it to the Unit 5 Discussion Board.
Respond to 2 classmates with a 100–200-word reply each. Use the following questions to assist you with your responses:
- What do you find interesting or helpful about his or her resource?
- How could you use this resource in your own career plan and goals?
- What other resources would you recommend?
- What are the strengths of his or her plan for career success?
- Are there any other steps that you would suggest that would be helpful for his or her career success?