Scientific ReasoningScience is one of the most successful endeavors of mankind. Through the power of reason and careful observation, humans have found out how to get to the moon, cure….
An environmental problem in Canada (i.e. environmentalism)
Construct a report that contains the following formal elements:
- You need to use the Toulmin Model of argument
- APA style cover page and document set-up
- Abstract- summary of findings
- Introductory section – background information, thesis
- Body section
- Approximately 1500 words
- Effective controversial topic- focused and relevant: clear position, target audience, and argumentation model
- Use of HEADINGS on each paragraph (first level mandatory, second level desirable; third level optional)
- Effective use of RESEARCH AND EVIDENCE – examples, statistics, expert testimony
- Must have in text citations
- Concluding section – restatement of thesis, conclusion(s), suggestions, and recommendations.
- Should Include minimum of 5 sources.
Research materials for this effort must be current (i.e. no more than five  years old), authoritative, 3 quote should from the given article, other 2 or more would be Internet sources such as Statistics Canada publications, and/or research papers published by government ministries, or by universities. A paper based upon Internet sources only does not satisfactorily demonstrate the learning outcomes for this course.
- Appendices with TWO VISUALS – one table and one figure
An environmental problem in Canada (i.e. environmentalism).