Decolonizing approaches in archaeology emerged as a means to counter the dominance of colonial ideologies and improve the accuracy of Indigenous representations. Historically, the routines of mainstream archaeological practice have….
Enterprise Risk Management
Course: Enterprise Risk Management
LATE SUBMISSION WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED BY PROF.
Due Date – 1 day
Discussion Question: The article on IRB this week discusses broad consent under the revised Common Rule. When you are doing any sort of research you are going to need to have your research plan approved by the University’s institutional review board or IRB. If you have never heard of this term before, please take a look online and find a brief summary of what it is about, before you read the article.
Please answer the following questions in your main post:
- What are the main issues that the article addresses?
- What is the Common Rule?
- How is this issue related to information systems and digital privacy?
Reading IRB and Protection of Human Subjects
These reading deal with risk to human subjects. When you work on your dissertation, you will have to get approval from UC’s IRB board, so it’s helpful as you work through your class to get familiar with what you will need when beginning to work on your dissertation.
Implementing Regulatory Broad Consent Under the Revised Common Rule: Clarifying Key Points and the Need for Evidence. (2019). Journal of Law, Medicine & Ethics, 47(2), 213–231. https://doi.org/10.1177/1073110519857277
- Provide extensive additional information on the topic
- Explain, define, or analyze the topic in detail
- Share an applicable personal experience
- Provide an outside source (for example, an article from the University Library) that applies to the topic, along with additional information about the topic or the source (please cite properly in APA)
- At least one scholarly source should be used in the initial discussion thread. Be sure to use information from your readings and other sources from the UC Library. Use proper citations and references in your post.
Plagiarism includes copying and pasting material from the internet into assignments without properly citing the source of the material.