Discussion: Pharmacokinetics and PharmacodynamicsAs an advanced practice nurse assisting physicians in the diagnosis and treatment of disorders, it is important to not only understand the impact of disorders on the….
How does Michelle’s social class status directly and indirectly affect her presenting concern and her ability to heal from it?
Case Study #1: (The Story of Michelle)—(3 pts. each)
1. How does Michelle’s social class status directly and indirectly affect her presenting concern and her ability to heal from it?
2. How did you think the social class differences between client and therapist may have initially manifested within the working alliance and affected the treatment?
3. What do you think of the therapists’ disclosure of her own anger about the delay in the award of the client’s child support?
4. The therapist raised the issue of stereotypes regarding single mothers of color. Where else to you see the operations of stereotyping, classism, and /racism in this client’s life?
5. What do you think might have helped contribute to the client’s coming to feel more deserving of a master’s degree?
Case Study #2: (The Story of Monique)—(3 pts. each)
1. Monique’s previous therapist diagnosed her with binge eating disorder and identified weight loss as a goal for treatment. What assumptions underlie this formulation? What are the resulting implications for treatment?
2. What are your reactions to the current therapist bringing her own race and appearance into the treatment room?
3. How might experiences of oppression be contributing to Monique’s presenting concerns?
4. How is Monique’s biracial identity related to her body image and self-concept?
5. How do you understand Monique’s overeating behavior and how might you address it in treatment?
Please Use the book attached (chapters 25&26). This prodessor is a strictler to supportive evidence and citations. You need to back up your statements and support with evidence. Again, all questions should have supportive material