Imagine not being able to form new memories. This is the reality of patients with anterograde amnesia face. Although this form of amnesia is rare, it can result from severe….
Cystic Fibrosis: This paper should clearly and comprehensively discuss a chronic health disease
This paper should clearly and comprehensively discuss a chronic health disease.
Week 6 Paper: Cystic Fibrosis
The data should reflect the United States. My state is Maryland, My county is Howard, My city is laurel
The paper should be organized into the following sections:
- Introduction (Identification of the problem) with a clear presentation of the problem as well as the significance and a scholarly overview of the paper’s content. No heading is used for the Introduction per APA current edition.
- Background and Significance of the disease, to include: Definition, description, signs and symptoms, and current incidence and/or prevalence statistics by state with a comparison to national statistics pertaining to the disease. Create a table of incidence and prevalence rates by your geographic county/city or state with a comparison to national statistics. Use the APA text for formatting guidelines (tables). This is a table that you create using relevant data, it should not be a table from another source using copy/paste.
- Surveillance and Reporting: Current surveillance methods and mandated reporting processes as related to the chronic health condition chosen should be specific.
- Epidemiological Analysis: Conduct a descriptive epidemiology analysis of the health condition. Be sure to include all of the 5 W’s: What, Who, Where, When, Why. Use details associated with all of the W’s, such as the “Who” which should include an analysis of the determinants of health. Include costs (both financial and social) associated with the disease or problem.
- Screening and Guidelines: Review how the disease is diagnosed and current national standards (guidelines). Pick one screening test (review Week 2 Discussion Board) and review its sensitivity, specificity, predictive value, and cost.
- Plan: Integrating evidence, provide a plan of how a nurse practitioner will address this chronic health condition after graduation. Provide three specific interventions that are based on the evidence and include how you will measure outcomes (how will you know that the interventions have utility, are useful?) Note: Consider primary, secondary, and tertiary interventions as well as the integration of health policy advocacy efforts. All interventions should be based on evidence – connected to a resource such as a scholarly piece of research.
- Summary/Conclusion: Conclude in a clear manner with a brief overview of the keys points from each section of the paper utilizing integration of resources.
- The paper should be formatted and organized into the following sections which focus on the chosen chronic health condition.
- Adhere to all paper preparation guidelines (see below).
TEXTBOOK: Curley, L. A., & Vitale, A. P. (2016). Epidemiological Methods and Measurements in Population-Based Nursing Practice: Part II. In Population-Based Nursing, Concepts and Competencies for Advanced Practice (2nd ed.
Preparing the Paper:
- Page length: 10 pages, excluding title page and references.
- APA format current edition
- Include scholarly in-text references throughout and a reference list.
- Include at least one table that the student creates to present information. Please refer to the “Requirements” or rubric for further details. APA formatting required.
- Length: Papers not adhering to the page length may be subject to either (but not both) of the following at the discretion of the course faculty: 1. Your paper may be returned to you for editing to meet the length guidelines, or, 2. Your faculty may deduct up to five (5) points from the final grade.