Instructions For this assignment, read the article indicated below that discusses the differences between the generations within the workplace and how to develop interpersonal skills for better employee involvement and….
Do children learn language by imitation only? Explain and provide examples
ENG301: 1st Semester 20-21
3rd Assignment (9 points)
- Chapter 13 (1st language acquisition) (1 point)
- Do children learn language by imitation only? Explain and provide examples
- What is overgeneralization? Provide one example
- Chapter 14 (2nd language acquisition) (3 points)
- What is the difference between language learning and language acquisition?
- Are Saudi learners in Saudi Arabia considered learners of English as a Second Language (ESL) or learners of English as a Foreign Language (EFL)?
- Based on Krashen, an input (language exposure) needs to be comprehensible. What would happen if the input is too easy or too difficult?
- Chapter 18 (Regional dialects)- (5 points)
- What is the standard language in Saudi Arabia? Is it Modern Standard Arabia (MSA) الفصحى or the Hijazi dialect? Explain.
- What is the difference between a dialect and an accent?
- Do we have diglossia in Saudi Arabia?
- How would you say “My son rides his bicycle with his friends every day” in Arabic in an interview on T.V. versus when you talk to your brother in your house?
- on T.V
- With your brother
- What do linguists call this type of language? Creole, pidgin, dialect or language?
أنا فيه شغل 10 سنة هنا