Imagine not being able to form new memories. This is the reality of patients with anterograde amnesia face. Although this form of amnesia is rare, it can result from severe….
Movie Assignment: The Avengers
Choose and watch ONE of the following movies (you may need to use a streaming service to get your chosen movie):
1) The Avengers
4) The Greatest Showman
5) Crazy Rich Asians
7) Forrest Gump
Then, pick FIVE concepts of interpersonal communication that we have covered this semester (through the Weekly Learning Resources and Discussions) and describe how they have been depicted in the movie.
Your paper should include a brief introduction of the movie and your chosen concepts, the analysis, and a conclusion. The entire paper should be a minimum of 8 full double-spaced pages – You may exceed the page length, but your submission should not be under 7 full pages.
Be sure to use proper format with APA citations (both in-text and full references)
Use the following formula when completing this assignment:
• The assignment should be submitted in Assignments as either a Word doc, a PDF or RTF (if you use Mac).
• Formatting: All assignments should be double spaced and use Times New Roman font and 12 pt. type
Introduction (3/4 page minimum): (worth 5 points)
Your introduction should gain your reader’s attention, introduce the movie, and provide a clear and brief preview of the five concepts your paper will address.
Analysis Portion (6 3/4 pages minimum): worth 85 points total – 17 per concept analysis
Use the following concepts when completing the analysis portion:
Bold the concept, then
1. Describe concept 1 (using the Weekly Learning Resources and discussions – feel free to read ahead). DO NOT USE outside additional sources for this assignment. You should be referencing relevant information from the Weekly Learning Resources and material from the Weekly Discussions. I HAVE PROVIDED ALL LINKS BELOW. Be sure to use appropriate APA citations (both in-text and full references for the references page).
2. Describe concept 1 in your own words.
3. Discuss how concept 1 is found in your movie of choice.
4. Describe at least three examples from the movie that show this concept.
1-4 should comprise at least 1.5 of a double-spaced page for each concept. You will be analyzing FIVE separate concepts. You may go over the length limit, but not under the 1.5-page requirement per concept.
EXTREMELY IMPORTANT: Please note that a concept is a whole idea, such as relationship self-disclosure, issues of self, listening. Thus, the five forms of listening would count as ONE concept, not five. The five conflict management strategies would count as one concept, not five, etc.
Conclusion (3/4 page minimum): (worth 5 points)
Your conclusion should provide closure, share lessons learned and a concluding summary.
Reference page (worth 5 points)
A reference page with proper APA citations should be included at the end of your paper. This is in addition to the in-text citations that should be found throughout the analysis portion of your submission.