Case Study instructions 1. When Kuwait put pressure on the foreign oil companies in the late 1970s, what affect it had on the Global Oil market and politics? 2. Who….
How did Mustafa Mond become the World Controller?
1. How did Mustafa Mond become the World Controller?
2. Why is the Bible and the literature of Shakespeare banned in the World State (according to Mond)? Why is Mond allowed to read these books?
3. Why is “real science” banned in the World State? What is “real science”? How is “real science” different from the science that is allowed to be practiced by the caste members in the World State factories? What does Mond mean when he says that the caste members are only allowed to practice “cook book” science?
4. What was the Cyprus Experiment? Why didn’t it work?
5. Why do Mond and the other World Controllers believe that people no longer need religion or God? What is “the Savage’s” rebuttal to Mond’s beliefs about God?
6. Summarize the tale of “the Girl of Mataski.” Why does “the Savage” tell this story to Mond? What is the “lesson” that “the Savage” is trying to “teach” to Mond?
7. Summarize the final debate between Mond and “the Savage.” What is Mond’s final statement? What is “the Savage’s” final statement? Who do you think “wins” this debate? Who do you agree with most?
8. What does is “the Savage” doing with the mustard in the bathroom? Why is he doing it? How do Bernard and Helmholtz react to this?
9. Where does Helmholtz request to be sent? Why?
10. Where does “the Savage” request to be sent? Why won’t Mond send him there? Where does “the Savage” go instead?
11. Why does “the Savage” whip himself?
12. Why is Darwin Bonaparte spying on “the Savage”?
13. What happens when the media shows up at “the Savage’s” hideaway?
14. How does the novel end? What is the final scene?
Here are the final 3 chapters: