STAT 200 Week 1 Homework Problems 1.1.4 To estimate the percentage of households in Connecticut which use fuel oil as a heating source, a researcher collects information from 1000 Connecticut households….
Globalization And Its Ethical Implications
Read these articles from Week 1:
- From Globalism to Globalization: The Politics of Resistance
- Globalization, Globalism, and Cosmopolitanism as an Educational Ideal
- Transnationalism and Anti-globalism
Read these articles from Week 2:
- Introduction to Global Issues
- A Global Ethics for a Globalized World
- Virtue Ethics and Modern Society
- Classical Stoicism and the Birth of a Global Ethics: Cosmopolitan Duties in a World of Local Loyalties
Reflect: The change of our world from a local economy to a national economy to a global, international economy means that increasingly diverse populations will have to work together to achieve common goals. However, as the economy becomes increasingly global, local economies and people may suffer economic disadvantage or may find themselves marginalized from the rest of the world. Globalization creates ethical dilemmas for which we will need to find solutions.
Write: For this discussion, address the following prompts:
- Explain the implications of globalization.
- Identify at least two ethical issues that go along with the global societal topic you have chosen for your final essay.
- Explain how globalization contributes to or affects these ethical dilemmas.
- Propose solutions to these ethical dilemmas that are feasible financially, socially, and culturally.
Your initial post should be at least 250 words in length, which should include a thorough response to each prompt. You are required to provide in-text citations of applicable required reading materials and/or any other outside sources you use to support your claims. Provide full reference entries of all sources cited at the end of your response. Please use correct APA format when writing in-text citations (see In-Text Citation Helper) and references (see Formatting Your References List).