Instructions For this assignment, read the article indicated below that discusses the differences between the generations within the workplace and how to develop interpersonal skills for better employee involvement and….
Maintenance, Evaluation, and Empowerment
Week 6: Maintenance, Evaluation, and Empowerment
As you conclude this course, think about your virtual clients. Have the resources you created for Jason helped him to cope with his schizophrenia? Was Charlene able to successfully adjust to her foster home, or is she still hurt and choosing to act out with the “bad kids”? How have the resources you provided to Grandma Abigail helped her to parent Robert and Adam? Is Adam beginning to sleep at night? Does Robert still refuse to talk to you? How might you evaluate the effectiveness of the case management process, and how might you prepare these clients for service termination?
This week, you evaluate the effectiveness of the case management process and develop plans for termination of services of your virtual clients.
By the end of this week, you will be able to:
- Evaluate the case management process
- Evaluate effectiveness of the case management process for clients
- Develop plan for termination of case management services
Frankel, A. J. & Gelman, S. R., & Pastor, D. K. (2019). Case management: An introduction to concepts and skills (4th ed.). New York, NY: Oxford University Press.
- Chapter 10, “Challenges and Visions”
- “Virtual Client Case Files”
- “Virtual Client Case Files”
Click to access the Course Media transcript: Virtual Client Case Files transcript
Sullivan, W. P., & Carpenter, J. (2010). Community-based mental health services: Is coercion necessary? Journal of Social Work in Disability and Rehabilitation, 9(2/3), 148–167.
THIS DISCUSSION IS DUE WEDNESDAY 01/06/21
Discussion: The Case Management Process
As a case manager, you may see positive growth in your clients. When the case management process helps clients through important transformations in their lives, it is especially rewarding for case managers. The close of each case will bring with it different feelings. Case managers should take the time to assess the effect of services, resources, and the termination of the case management process on their clients and themselves.
For this Discussion, reflect on the three virtual clients that you have been assigned for this course. Think about how the case management processes were different with each virtual client. Think about what you have gained as a result of participating in this process.
To Prepare for this Discussion:
- Review Chapter 10, “Challenges and Visions.” Focus on the descriptions of experiences of case managers.
- Review the article, “Finding a Place in the World: The Experience of Recovery From Severe Mental Illness.” Consider the priorities expressed for those transitioning back to life in their communities.
- Review the article, “Why Do Some Health Centers Provide More Enabling Services Than Others?” Consider the many aspects of care and service described.
- Consider your reactions to your first encounter with your clients.
- Reflect on your current thoughts about your cases, in light of your work over the last few weeks.
With these thoughts in mind:
By Day 4
Post by Day 4 a brief description of your experience of the case management process with your virtual clients. Then explain how the case management process was different for each case. Finally, explain any insights you had or conclusions you drew based upon your experiences with the case management process with your virtual clients.
Be sure to support your postings and responses with specific references to the Learning Resources.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ postings.
By Day 6
Respond by Day 6 to at least one of your colleagues’ postings in one or more of the following ways:
- Ask a probing question.
- Share an insight from having read your colleague’s posting.
- Offer and support an opinion.
- Validate an idea with your own experience.
- Make a suggestion.
- Expand on your colleague’s posting.
THIS ASSIGNMENT IS DUE 1/9/21
Assignment: Ending the Client/Case Manager Relationship
Celebrate endings, for they precede new beginnings.
–Jonathan Lockwood Huie
As they terminate their relationships with clients, case managers work to transition the focus from empowerment of clients through the use of resources to empowerment through reintegration. Reintegration with family, friends, community, and oneself can be a difficult process for clients. Enlisting clients in long-term services should be established prior to case management service termination.
For this Assignment, you consider ways in which you might terminate services with each of your virtual clients. What skills might you ensure that Charlene and James have before ending treatment? What agencies might you establish long-term goals with for Abigail, Robert, and Adam? To successfully terminate each case, you first evaluate the effectiveness of the treatments you provided for each client. You then develop comprehensive plans for the maintenance and termination of your cases.
To Prepare for this Assignment:
- Review Chapter 10, “Challenges and Visions.” Focus on the strategies described.
- Review the article, “The Quest for Optimal Health: Can Education and Training Cure What Ails Us?” Consider the implications described for “self-directed recovery.” during Week 4, in which you located resources and agencies in your community to find assistance for your clients.
- Review the article, “The Role of Self–Efficacy in Recovery From Serious Psychiatric Disabilities: A Qualitative Study With Fifteen Psychiatric Survivors.” Focus on the findings concerning the preparation of clients for recovery and reintegration.
- Consider the ways that your clients’ cases may have progressed.
- Think about how you might translate your clients’ experiences into the appropriate language for documentation.
- Think about how to terminate your cases based on the progress made by each client.
The Assignment (1–2 pages)
- Develop a plan for the termination of case management services for your virtual clients.
- Explain one way the case management process has resulted in recovery, reintegration, or empowerment for your virtual clients.