Instructions: Word count:650 to 750 words All assignments must be in 12-point, Times New Roman font, have one-inch margins, left alignment, and be double-spaced Pick an ongoing interpersonal problem you….
Communicating across cultures Target Audience
Topic 5 is Communicating across cultures Target Audience: Opal-Mart store staff (culturally diverse group, predominantly Australian, Indian, and Chinese) Brief: Develop a proposal for the training of Opal-Mart store staff in intercultural communication skills. The aim of this training is to improve staff communication, reduce cross-cultural misunderstandings, and, as a result, increase team cohesion and productivity.
1.Background, scope, and purpose
ð What is the rationale for conducting a communication training? (What strategic and/or
operational issue(s) do you propose to address?)
ð What is the scope of the training? (What target audiences and/or areas of the organisation will
ð What is the purpose of the communication training? (What aims will the communication training
2• Training Plan (Value Proposition)
ð This is the core of your proposal. The aim of this section is to illustrate to your (potential future)
clients what the communication training will look like and what outcomes it is proposed to
achieve. This involves:
(1) Explaining the training ‘philosophy’ of your company (how will you help your clients learn?)
(2) Offering an overview of the contents, timeframe, and delivery mode
(3) Highlighting the specific benefits your proposed training will have for the respective target
audience and the company as a whole.
1. Intercultural communication competence
2. Overview of content, time frame, and delivery mode of training sessions
3. Timing and learning ways
4. Edit 3 modules that need training