Instructions: Word count:650 to 750 words All assignments must be in 12-point, Times New Roman font, have one-inch margins, left alignment, and be double-spaced Pick an ongoing interpersonal problem you….
Managing Human Resources & Organizational Structure and Design
Identify a small business you’d like to open. What types of products or services do you plan to offer?
- Describe trends, your target market and major competitors (size, demographics).
- Conduct some research that supports your claims.
- Provide feedback to your classmates.
Students will apply their knowledge of the human resource management function to the discussion question. Students will also consider internal factors and their relationship to human resource tasks and strategic management. Some critics claim that corporate HR departments have outlived their usefulness and are not there to help employees but to shield the organization from legal problems.
- What do you think?
- What benefits are there to having a formal HRM process?
- What are the drawbacks?
In this module, you applied your knowledge of communication (verbal and nonverbal). This discussion may also highlight differences in communication amongst people of different genders and ethnicities. For one day, track nonverbal communication that you notice in others.
- What types of communication did you observe?
- Was the nonverbal communication always consistent with the verbal communication taking place? Why or why not? Describe it?
- Describe differences in communication amongst people (consider differences such as age, gender, ethnicity).
In this discussion, you must demonstrate your understanding of the control function. Apply your knowledge of control and discuss your control article. Share knowledge while responding to classmates. Summarize your control article.
- What did you learn from the article?
- Cite it (in-text, references).
- How would you use control in your personal life?
- Identify instances in which you would use feed-forward, concurrent and feedback control in your personal or professional life