Wk 2 Discussion – Metrics and Information Visualization The most frequently used measures of central tendency for quantitative data are the mean and the median. The following table shows civil….
Utilize accounting principles to evaluate the effectiveness of internal decisions
Choose one of the two competitors that you explored in your Topic 3 paper. Create an executive summary presentation of the findings on the chosen company from the Topic 3 report (seven to nine slides, exclusive of the title and reference slides) with appropriate speaker notes that could be delivered to a C-suite executive in a corporation. Note that while you should provide comparisons to your company’s competitor and the industry averages, the executive summary should focus on a single company from the two competing companies. Consider the feedback from your instructor on the case study report you completed in Topic 3 and include the following in your presentation.
1. A summary of the industry and company chosen.
2. An overview of the chosen company’s liquidity ratios relative to the industry averages and to the competitor.
3. An overview of the chosen company’s solvency ratios relative to the industry averages and to the competitor.
4. An overview of the chosen company’s profitability ratios relative to the industry averages and to the competitor.
5. Describe the importance of the budgeting process in the chosen company relative to these ratios.
6. Prepare a variance report and balanced scorecard for the chosen company, comparative against the competitor company and industry averages for liquidity, solvency, and profitability.
7. Identify which ratios impact capital budgeting decisions and explain how these ratios impact the decisions.
8. A concluding summary of how the chosen company performed compared to the competitor and the industry.
Be sure to cite three to five relevant sources in support of your content.
Title slide and reference slide are not included in the slide count. Include speaker notes below each content-related slide that represent what would be said if giving the presentation in person. Expand upon the information included in the slide and do not simply restate it. Ensure that the speaker notes include 50-100 words per slide.
This benchmark assignment assesses the following programmatic competencies:
BS Applied Management
1.3: Utilize accounting principles to evaluate the effectiveness of internal decisions.