Johanna applied for a job with Freedonia Publishing, a public company that oversees 7 newspapers across the United States. Upon receiving her job, Freedonia Publishing assigned her to a small….
Description of the consequences of not involving nurses in each stage of the SDLC
In this week’s discussion, you will analyze how inclusion of the nurse in the purchasing of health information technology systems impacts healthcare organizations. You will also describe the consequences of not involving nurses in each stage of the SDLC. Read the discussion instructions and rubric carefully.In your initial post, the following items should be addressed:
- Description of the consequences of not involving nurses in each stage of the SDLC
- Specific examples of potential issues at each stage of the SDLC
- Explanation of how the inclusion of nurses may help address these issues.
- Explanation of your experience in the selection and planning of new health information technology systems in your nursing practice or healthcare organization
- Explanation of potential impacts of being included or not in the decision-making process; be specific and provide examples
Support your post by 3 or more current, credible resources and your responses by 2 or more current, credible resources as indicated in the rubric.