Week 8 Discussion For this discussion, your focus will be to think through what asymmetric information, moral hazard, and adverse selection have to do with hiring a police officer. Instructions….
Scope & global strategy
1. Support each main post with at least three credible references:
– One source from the course readings
– One scholarly source derived from your own research
– One professional source derived from your own research
Read the Khanna, T. (2005) lecture above, and then:
Choose two companies, one from A & one from B in the table below that are operating in different industries. Companies are chosen on first come first served basis.
– Post your choice of companies under the next topic below, and include your name and companies in the title of the posting e.g. Schuller – Citibank & Honda
– Research the companies and in not less than one page (net), discuss the dimensions of their competitive strategy/scope, and how they deal with the global complexities of their industry.
– All posts should be under this topic (and not the company-choice topic)!
|Industry||Company A||Company B|
|1||Banking||Credit Suisse||Credit Agricole|
|7||Apparel||Ralph Lauren||Hugo Boss|
|23||Supermarkets||Harris Teeter||Food Lion|
|25||Furniture||Rooms to go||Ikea (Sweden)|