Wk 2 Discussion – Metrics and Information Visualization The most frequently used measures of central tendency for quantitative data are the mean and the median. The following table shows civil….
List three factors that lead to police subculture
- list three factors that lead to police subculture.
- The video lists elements that are ever-present in the police culture. What are those elements, and why do you think they exist?
- Scenario: As a patrol officer, you are only doing your job when you stop a car for running a red light. Unfortunately, the driver of the car happens to be the mayor. You ticket the mayor for running the red light. The next morning you get called into the captain’s office and told in no uncertain terms that you screwed up because of an informal policy extending “courtesy” to city politicians. Several nights later, you again observe the mayor’s car weaving erratically across lanes and speeding. Explain in detail your course of action:
- Do you give the mayor a ticket, or do you abide by the informal policy extending courtesy to city politicians? Why?
- What would be your course of action if you recognized the driver as a fellow police officer?