In a hypothetical country, fifty years ago, the minimum wage was approximately $1.50 per hour. At the same time, a family with two adults and two children could live in….
HEALTHCARE ADMINISTRATION ASSIGNMENT
Case Assignment/ Scenario:
As the Health IT director at Trident Hospital, you are asked to create a presentation to give to the Board of Directors on the new EHR that was implemented. For this presentation, create a 13- to 15-slide presentation that highlights the standards, policies, and technical requirements of the Electronic Medical Record System (EMR). In addition, you are to discuss the Promoting Interoperability standards and what types of data is being collected to ensure the hospital is meeting the Promoting Interoperability stages.
- Provide a 13- to 15-slide (excluding title slide and reference slide) slide PowerPoint presentation.
- Your presentation must cover the standards, policies and technical requirements associated with an EHR implementation.
- Your presentation must also include slide(s) that discuss the Promoting Interoperability standards and what types of data should be collected to ensure meeting the Promoting Interoperability stages.
- Include speaker notes to support your presentation.
- Your references and citations should be consistent with a particular formatting style, such as APA.
- Provide references from at least 3 scholarly articles (peer-reviewed). Do not include information from non-scholarly materials such as wikis, encyclopedias, or www.freearticles.com (or similar websites). Use the following link for additional information on how to recognize peer-reviewed journals: http://www.angelo.edu/services/library/handouts/peerrev.php
Hung, S., Chen, C. & Wang, K. (2016). Critical success factors for the implementation of integrated healthcare information systems projects: An organizational fit perspective. Communication of the Association for Information Systems, 34 (39). Retrieved from: http://aisel.aisnet.org/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=3762&context=cais
Kruse, C. S., Smith, B., Vanderlinden, H., & Nealand, A. (2017). Security techniques for the Electronic Health Records. Journal of Medical Systems, 41(8). https://doi.org/10.1007/s10916-017-0778-4
Ngafeeson, M. (2014). Healthcare information systems opportunities and challenges. In Mehdi Khosrow-Pour (Ed.), Encyclopedia of information science and technology, third edition (pps. 258-267). IGI Global. Retrieved from: http://commons.nmu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1012&context=facwork_bookchapters
Brooks, P. (2017). Midwest (MWAIS) 5-2010 Standards and Interoperability in Healthcare Information Systems: Current Status, Problems, and Research Issues. Retrieved from: https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/a257/748b4b2f37e5dcdfefa096b6d24a554d7b2f.pdf