Compare and contrast the self-cultivation philosophies in Buddhism and Yoga, especially the Buddha’s Eightfold Path and Patañjali’s Eight Limb Program (making clear the similarities and differences). Then explain what contemporary….
Journal 1 (10%)
In assignment 1 , you are asked to research current news articles in reputable online or print news media sources. Your research goal is to find an important issue facing Canadian society currently. You can use one of the issues discussed in the wiki last week. Once you have found a reputable media source, you are to complete the tasks below that will help you learn to be an analytic reader.
This assignment relates to the following Course Learning Requirements:
• CLR1: Identify current issues in Canadian society.
• CLR2: Distinguish between fact and opinion as they are expressed in a variety of viewpoints.
paste or enter the information listed below:
1. Cite the article you are using in proper APA format. You can find out how to do this here: LINK to OWL APA Electronic Sources
2. Restate the issue concisely in your own words. (one sentence)
3. State the conclusion the article has arrived at with regard to the issue (one sentence)
4. List the reasons the author gives to support that conclusion (use a bullet list)
As the instructor cannot read over every article students select in detail, this is more of a participation-based exercise than a direct evaluation of your skill in analyzing the media and distilling articles into argument. You will be given full marks if you complete all four tasks and do so in clear, concise, and correct English. One mark will be deducted for every spelling, grammar or content error (e.g. the citation not being properly done). You may also lose marks for not completing the tasks correctly (e.g. if you list what is clearly a reason as the conclusion).