The paper is to be written in MlA format with app research in the essay on Psychosis in the news. I will leave the rubric in files and the syllabus…..
IRIS Module Review And Reflection
REQUIRED READINGS & ONLINE RESOURCES
- Read: Pages 315–399 Introduction to Contemporary Special Education, Smith (2018)
- Read: Perspectives of Effective Teachers of Students with Low-Incidence Disabilities retrieved from Teaching Exceptional Children Plus
https://files.eric.ed.gov/fulltext/EJ966520.pdf, October 9th, 2018.
- Watch: Kaufman, R. (2012) Low Incidence Disabilities Mission Possible. Retrieved November, 2018, from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Nrhu7g-frc
- Watch: Holzrichter, R. (2015). Addressing the needs of Deaf Students in the Classroom. Retrieved November, 2018, from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwWAHyD0f4w
ASSIGNMENT TO BE SUBMITTED IN DROP BOX
Complete IRIS Module and respond to the following questions:
SPE 500 Serving Students with Visual Impairments: The Importance of Collaboration Assessment
Take some time now to answer the following questions. If you have trouble answering any of the questions, go back and review the Perspectives & Resources pages in this Module.
1.Name at least three sources from which Ms. Milton can gather information about students with visual impairments. For each source, describe the type of information you will obtain.
2. Imagine that you are a general education science teacher, and one of your students, Richard, has low vision. Next week, you will teach a chapter on the solar system. Using the FiveStep Process, describe how you will collaborate with others to teach this material in a way that meets Richard’s instructional needs.
3. Describe the roles of the TVI and O&M specialist. How are their roles similar? How are they different?
4. Name four elements that the general education teacher should consider when engaging in collaboration.
5. Imagine that you are a general education math teacher. One of your students, Rosa, has a visual disability. Although she has mastered all the math concepts presented this year, she is having difficulty learning fractions. You believe that Rosa has the ability to master the concept but that you need to present it in a different manner. What would you do to help Rosa? Whose assistance would you seek?