You are to write a two page paper (full two-pages) double-spaced as answering the following prompt. Choose one of the four main characters in Salvage the Bones (Esche, Randall, Skeetah,….
Small Group Communication
This is a Collaborative Learning Community assignment
A group of seven individuals embarked on a weeklong cruise aboard a chartered luxury yacht. On the third day, a severe storm caused the yacht to run aground on a deserted island. Aside from minor scratches and bruises, all crew and passengers escaped serious injury. Unfortunately, the yacht was damaged beyond repair. Furthermore, the yacht’s only radio was damaged. It can receive messages but can no longer transmit messages. After several days, they hear over the radio that the effort to locate and rescue them had been abandoned. The group is presumed dead. The island is uninhabited. There is sufficient vegetation and fresh water to sustain them indefinitely. Despite the outside world’s assumption that they are dead, the group has resolved to find a way to return home. In the meantime, they must prepare for a life together on the island.
Use the file titled “Selecting a Leader” to complete the following:
1. Individually rank the applicants and report your ranking to the group with one to four sentences explaining how you determined your ranking.
2. As a group, come to consensus as to a ranking of the applicants using one to four sentences for each applicant. Be sure to present your reasoning based on criteria established by the group.
Select one member of the CLC to submit your paper.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the GCU Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
You are not required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
PLEASE SEE THE ATTACHMENT
For this paper, you will select a multicultural leader and discuss their leadership. After selecting a leader, write a 1,250-1,500-word paper addressing the following:
1. Trait Leadership Theory identifies and prescribes individual characteristics and behaviors needed for effective leadership. Provide a brief bio and overview of the leader you chose and discuss the traits they possess that make them an effective leader.
2. Styles Leadership Theory describes a collection of specific behaviors that can be categorized into autocratic, democratic, or laissez-faire leadership styles. Select the style that most appropriately describes the leader you chose and explain why this style most accurately reflects your leader.
3. Power can stem from either one’s position or personal characteristics. Describe the types of power the leader uses to help achieve goals.
4. Multicultural leaders relate effectively to and motivate people across race, gender, age, social attitudes and lifestyles. How has the leader you’ve selected effectively motivated their audience?
You must use a minimum of five cited and referenced sources.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.