Look over the attached article/survey and follow the instructions below. Name 3 theoretical orientations you scored highest in the article attached and write 1 brief paragraph for each theoretical orientation…..
Birth Control: You and your classmates differ widely in your familiarity with this topic
Discussion Board Forum 2
Topic: Birth Control You and your classmates differ widely in your familiarity with this topic. 1) You may be unmarried and have not thought much about it yet. 2) You may be married with a family and have used birth control at some point. 3) Some of you have been badly disappointed by some method of birth control. 4) You may view birth control use as unscriptural. Can you see the high value in doing some research on this as a group and then—lovingly, humbly and modestly—sharing your conclusions with each other? This could be a tremendously valuable board especially for the younger members of the class. This is an opportunity for ministry!
To prepare for this board, do research using four reference sources:
· Scriptural statements about life’s sanctity and God’s authority over creation of life.
· In your textbook’s chapter on human reproduction, the section on “Control of Birth”
· The course Presentation entitled “Birth Control Issues”
· Trusted web sites dealing with birth control issues/methods
Below is a set of six general categories of birth control that you will evaluate for your classmates:
1. Pills/patches/rings (estrogen + progestin based)
2. Sympto-thermal + condom/diaphragm
3. Intra-uterine devices (such as ParaGard, Mirena)
4. Surgical – vasectomy (male sterilization)
5. Surgical – tubal ligation (female sterilization)
6. Male withdrawal during sexual relations.
Preparing for your Thread:
1. Compare each of these six categories against the following four criteria: a) protects the rare new life formed while the method is in use , b) protects maternal (paternal?) health c) is reversible and d) is effective. It is assumed that these four criteria are not equally important. Ignore the following criteria: e) value in preventing STDs, f) cost, and g) ease of use.
2. Chose the category of birth control that you discover to represent the best balance of these four criteria. Assume that you are selecting this birth control for a young, married woman with no unusual sexual health issues. Avoid exceptional personal experiences by generalizing from the four reference sources above.
Writing your Thread 1a. Either: Represent your choice using three numbered sentences: Sentence 1 (very short) states the category you have chosen. Sentence 2 (using many phrases) explains the principle virtues of your category in light of the above 4 criteria. Sentence 3 lists the single greatest limitation of your category. No personal experiences/stories, please. Limit is 100 words total over the three sentences.
1b. Or: If you categorically will/would not use any birth control method, use your sentences in the following way: 1) State your position and give a Biblical passage (reference only) that urges you toward your position. 2) Explain which category of birth control least offends you and why. 3) Explain which category of birth control most troubles you and why. For your Replies:
1.Your first reply will be two numbered sentences that critique any thread representing a category of control, or position on birth control generally, that you find less/least desirable.
2.Your second reply (later in the second week) will be two numbered sentences to anyone who’s replied to your own thread.
3.Should no one reply to your thread, you must reply to a second thread. Replies should critique threads supporting different categories/positions from your own. Do not simply repeat someone else’s criticisms of a thread.
4. If few threads contain category selections different from your own, then your reply may identify a weakness or omission in a thread that supports the same category as your own.
Limit is 50 words per reply; 100 words total.