The paper is to be written in MlA format with app research in the essay on Psychosis in the news. I will leave the rubric in files and the syllabus…..
Why has the women’s movement pursued rights through the courts and not through legislation, ballot referenda, or some other channel?
This week, we learned about prisoner’s rights and special prison populations. For your Unit 4 Complete assignment, write a narrative essay (minimum 1200 words) in which you address and discuss the questions and statements listed below. Use at least three scholarly sources and remember to demonstrate a thorough understanding of the READ and ATTEND sections in your essay. Cite your sources in APA format.
- Consider how 1983 suits can have a significant impact on the day-to-day operation of state and local prisons and jails.
- Why has the women’s movement pursued rights through the courts and not through legislation, ballot referenda, or some other channel?
- Consider the following scenario: Your state’s legislature has introduced legislation allowing pregnant females to have their newborn infants remain with them until the infant reaches 6 months old. As the warden, do you support or oppose this legislation?
- What challenges do elderly inmates pose for correctional institutions?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of releasing elderly inmates from prison?
- Consider the following scenario: You are a correctional officer who has been assigned to work in a geriatric prison in your state. After working in the geriatric prison for one year, you are asked to give a presentation on the purpose and advantages of geriatric prisons and hospice programs to fellow correctional officers who do not support hospice and age segregation for prisoners. What do you tell them in your presentation?