The paper is to be written in MlA format with app research in the essay on Psychosis in the news. I will leave the rubric in files and the syllabus…..
Youth violence in black population
- Apply knowledge from residency to a social problem
- Reflect and integrate residency material
- Demonstrate key practice behaviors in a presentation
During the on-ground, residency portion of the Skills Lab I, you will have attended sessions covering topics relevant to generalist practice in social work. For this cumulative assignment, you join with a group of three to four students to create a presentation addressing a social problem from a generalist social work perspective. During the presentation, you and each group member are expected to demonstrate foundation-level practice skills.
The presentation will be focused by each group on a relevant social issue chosen from one of the following broad topics below:
“Youth violence in black population”
As part of the Final Project, you develop a PowerPoint presentation that includes key learnings from the residency experience. The presentation should include the following:
- Identification of the social problem with research supporting the background presented.
- You must demonstrate that this social problem exists by communicating the number of those impacted and the impact on disenfranchised groups.
- Include considerations of diversity and cultural awareness.
- It is expected that research and supported data will be presented from appropriate sources (e.g., peer-reviewed studies or government websites).
- Discussion on how the social problem impacts society on all practice levels (micro, mezzo, and macro). Be sure to integrate evidence-based social work practice, research, and policy.
- Identification of how social workers can ameliorate or mitigate the social problem using social work skills. (Hint: Think about the generalist intervention model.) In the final presentation, you should include evidence-based practices (EBPs) and specific policy implications for your identified social problems. Make sure to provide citations and sources of support (specific journal articles) that support your choices.