You are to write a two page paper (full two-pages) double-spaced as answering the following prompt. Choose one of the four main characters in Salvage the Bones (Esche, Randall, Skeetah,….
How did freedom and opportunity expand for African Americans between 1863 and 1870?
The question will be determined on exam day by the rolling of a die. The essay will be worth 70 points. Remember that good essays should include a thesis statement that expresses a clear argument and organize key points body of the essay using distinct paragraphs that include specific historical evidence (e.g., people, events, laws, policies) to prove broader generalizations. You should draw evidence from lectures and assigned primary source readings (BB documents and constructing the American Past). an essay must use at least one primary source as evidence.
1. How did freedom and opportunity expand for African Americans between 1863 and 1870? Which groups in American society resisted racial equality, and how did they attempt to limit African American freedom between 1865 and 1900?
THIS ESSAY INFORMATION INCLUDE
THE ERA OF EMANCIPATION, COLLOQUY WITH COLORESD MINISTERS (SEE THE PAPERS THAT I ATTECHED WITH ISRUCTION), (THE TEXT BOOK CONSTRUCTING THE AMERICA PAST CH1 RECONSTRUCTIONAND RISE OF THE KU KLUX KLAN), THE RISE OF JIM CROW. (THIS INFORMATION WILL ANSWER THE ESSAY VERY VERY PRIEFLY AND PERFECT.
2. What was the significance of the frontier in United States history from the 1860s to 1914?
THIS ESSAY NEED TO TALK ABOUT
A.THE FORNTIER AMERICAN IDENTITY
B. FRONTEIER AND AMERICAN IDENTITY CH 3 FROM TET BOOK (RECONSTRUCTION THE AMERICAN PAST)
3. We have studied three historical periods so far: Reconstruction, the Gilded Age, and the Progressive Era. Write an essay that provides the range of years for each period, identifies the key characteristics of each, and provides an array of specific historical examples that illustrates the key trends, changes, and conflicts during each.
THIS ESSAY NEED INFORMATION FROM THE TEXT BOOK, CH 4 (IMMIGRANTS DURING THE GLIDED AGE AND PROGRESSIVE ERA), CRISES OF THE 1890S AND POPULAR DISCONTENT. NEEDING TO TALK ABOUT THE ISSUE (LABOR PROBLEM, LABOR QUESTION, PLITICS AND TOW PARTY SYSYTEM, RACE RELATIONS, FOREGIN POLICY)
3. Write an essay that supports or refutes the following statement: “The 1890s was a decade of significant turning points in United States history. Building tensions in labor relations, the two-party political system, race relations, and foreign policy were resolved and Americans’ responses to these issues established precedents that persisted well into the twentieth century.”
THIS ESSAY NEED THIS INFORMATIOM:
NEW FRONTIERS AND US IMPERLISIM: CUBA AND PHILIPPINES, TEXT BOOK, CH5 (THE RISE AMERICAN EMPIRE)
4. Using historical evidence, analyze the cartoon below and explain how the United States had evolved and changed over time to reach the points evoked by the image. (Hint: To fully answer the question your essay will need to discuss race relations, westward expansion, immigration history, and U.S. foreign policy.)
AND YOU NEED THE TEXT BOOK CHAPTER 6 TO HELP YOU ANSWER THE ESSAY