Al Ahlia Hotels & Resorts: Success in the Long Run The annual board meeting is less than a month away and Omar is struggling to perfect his strategy for achieving….
Why does Commoner feel that most explanations of environmental problems are inadequate?
History 202B: Spring 2013
Primary Source Assignment #9
The Rise of Conservatism
1) Why does Commoner feel that most explanations of environmental problems are inadequate? What kind of human actions does he feel endanger the ecosphere?
2) What does Falwell see as the major threats to moral standards in 1970s America?
3) How does Falwell appear to understand the idea of freedom? How might his position negatively impact groups who do not fall under his definition of morality?
4) What does Watt see as the hidden motive of the environmentalist movement?
5) How does he argue that environmentalism actually threatens the natural environment of the west? What is your opinion of this argument? Explain