ILOs Understand the general nature, purposes, and techniques of literature with a sense of its relationship to life and culture. Recognize a representative selection of literary works by major writers….
How would you describe your personal job search strategies?
Discussion Week 3 contains two parts.
In your initial response to the topic you have to complete the assignment in both part of the discussion.
Part 1: Create UMGC CareerQuest account.
UMGC CareerQuest is a free resource available to all UMGC students and alumni.
- Go to: https://careerquest.umuc.edu
- If you already have a CareerQuest account, login using your UMGC sign-on and password.
- If you do not have a CareerQuest account, click on “Join Community!”
- Fill out the required information.
- Take a screenshot of your login page and upload the screenshot to this assignment.
- This assignment takes approximately 20 minutes to complete.
If you have questions, email email@example.com or call 240-684-2720 for assistance.
Part 2: Job Search Strategies
Watch the job search videos in CandidCareers. You can access these through CareerQuest. Take notes! (No submission is required). Start with these videos, then browse the rest in the job searching category:
- Job Searching 101
- Getting Connected
- Treat Your Job Search like a Job
- Be Flexible at First
- Investigate the Company and Industry
- Keep an Open Mind
- Business Analyst
Watch some of the following videos. There are much more… View whatever is of your interest.
For this part of the discussion you will answer the questions below the list of videos. Please scroll down!
Discussion post: In a minimum of 150 words, answer the following questions:
- Explain what surprised you the most about the readings and videos from this week. Why do you think you were surprised?
- How would you describe your personal job search strategies?
- Discuss what you feel you need to do to prepare for your future career?
- Reflection – the students also should include a paragraph in the initial response in their own words reflecting on specifically what they learned from the assignment and how they think they could apply what they learned in the workplace.
You are expected to make your own contribution in a main topic (parts 1 and 2) as well as respond with value added comments to the questions in part 2 to at least two of your classmates as well as to your instructor.
You must start a thread before you can read and reply to other threads