ILOs Understand the general nature, purposes, and techniques of literature with a sense of its relationship to life and culture. Recognize a representative selection of literary works by major writers….
Explain the issues involved in supervising employees of other races and ethnicities than yourself.
After reading chapter 4 in your textbook, please write a 6-8 page reflection paper. Be sure to include 5 additional sources, such as books and peer-reviewed articles. Be sure to address all areas in your response.
- Define the concept of workforce diversity and identify the major categories of legally protected employees and general guidelines for supervising a diverse workforce.
- How does one best supervise a diverse workforce? Take into consideration the following.
- Explain the issues involved in supervising employees of other races and ethnicities than yourself.
- Discuss factors that are important when supervising employees who identify as other genders than yourself.
- Discuss factors that are important when supervising employees who have different sexual orientation than yourself.
- Identify and discuss legal and other considerations of supervising employees with different physical and mental abilities.
- Discuss the considerations of supervising older workers and managing an intergenerational workforce.
- Describe the unique challenges of supervising globally dispersed employees.
- How do you need to adjust your management style to meet the needs of your employees as unique individuals?
- How is your work as a supervisor and your ability to work with diverse employees connected to the Social Work Code of Ethics?